Georgios Protopapas is an international relations specialist and journalist. He is Executive Director and Analyst at the Center for International Strategic Analyses (KEDISA), Social Media Analyst at Paloservices, Editor – Analyst at the Greek printed monthly Magazine Defense & Diplomacy (ΑΜΥΝΑ & ΔΙΠΛΩΜΑΤΙΑ), Contributor at New Republic.gr
He has studied European Studies, University of Hertfordshire (UK) and he has pursued postgraduate studies in International Relations, University of Kent (UK).His research interests focus on the issues of social media, foreign policy, geopolitics, international diplomacy, energy, terrorism, energy security and public diplomacy.
He is member at The International Institute for Middle-East and Balkan Studies (IFIMES) in Ljubljana, Slovenia .
He is coauthor with Nikos Aravites of the book “In social MEDI ARES “, which analyses the trends of greek internet (social media, sites, opinions, blogs, forums, youtube) for politics, economy, society, international affairs, diplomacy.
He was from 2000 until 2014 Foreign Desk Editor at the weekly Greek political and financial newspaper “The Investor” (ΕΠΕΝΔΥΤΗΣ).
He has participated as speaker in international scientific conferences for Diplomacy and Regional Security (conferences organized by Russian International Affairs Journal in Paris – Vienna, organized by The Institute of Corporative Security Studies (ICS) in Maribor, and Key – Speaker in ΝATO Αdvanced Research Workshop in Belgrade). He is contributor to Katoikos.eu, the Daily Journalist, the ΜPC Journal and he has also published articles in The Geopolitical Monitor, the Russian International Affairs Journal and the International Institute for Middle-East and Balkan Studies (IFIMES).
- Protopapas Georgios, “The Combined Threat of Terrorism and Organized Crime for and in South East Europe” in Comprehensive Approach as “Sine Qua Non” for Critical Infrastructure Protection Ed: Denis Čaleta, Vesela Radović, NATO Science for Peace and Security Series – D: Information and Communication Security, Vol. 39, 2015, pages 215 – 231
- Protopapas Georgios, “European Union’s Intelligence Cooperation: A Failed Imagination?” The Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan Intelligence (JMBI), December 2014, Vol.4, Number 2, pp.49-57
- Protopapas Georgios, “Kurdish awakening and the Syria crisis” in Contemporary Military Challenges [General Staff of Slovenian Armed Forces November 2012 – 14/št. 3], pp. 21- 37.
- Protopapas Georgios, “The Media and Terrorism: The case of Greece” in Managing the Consequences of Terrorists Acts – Efficiency and Coordination Challenges, ed: D. Caleta, Paul Shemella. [Institute for Corporative Security Studies (Slovenia) & Center for Civil Military Relations, Naval Postgraduate School (USA): Ljubljana, November 2012] pp.237- 246.
- Protopapas Georgios, “Cyber Threats and Terrorism threats in Greece”, Counter Terrorism Challenges Regarding the Process of Critical Infrastructure Protection, eds: Denis Calera & Paul Shemella, [Institute For Corporative Studies, Ljubljana- Slovenia and Centre For Civil –Military Relations Monterey USA, Schwarz Company Ljubljana: September 2011], pp. 93 -107